Friday 12 April 2013

Flash Fiction: Hitchcock

The second of our flash fiction pieces is also written by Stewart Derry, and accompanied the thriller 'Hitchcock', a film about the making of the famous film 'Psycho'.




Good evening ladies and gentlemen. My name is Alfred Hitchcock. The film you are about to see is based on actual events in my life.
 
‘What?’ I hear you say. ‘Hitch, as the leading man?’
 
Yes! I was due a part after so many cameo appearances. You will also be introduced to a new leading lady - Alma Reville. She will, quite literally, take your breath away. She hasn’t a blonde hair on her head!

Surprised, are we? Choking on your popcorn? The master of suspense . . . losing his touch? We seem to have some film buffs in the audience. When you have made as many films as I have, it can sometimes be frightfully delicious to break the rules and confound all expectations.

I haven’t seen the film yet, but I’m sure I’ll follow most of the action. After all, I played the role quite superbly many years ago.

There will, of course, be a MacGuffin. I won’t spoil your pleasure by revealing it.

By the way, if you happen to be sitting next to a pain in the asterix, be careful not to annoy them too much. They may have murder on their mind.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment